SmartMag is a modern, clean, responsive and retina-ready (HD)
WordPress theme suitable for magazines, newspapers, review sites, or blogs.
SmartMag not only excels at front-end usability, the admin back-end is very easy to use.
The drag & drop page builder makes it easy to create unique and creative homepages. Having built-in support for SEO
using rich snippets and HTML5, your site will rank better in search engines. Make your content more appealing,
engaging and usable. Get SmartMag today and be setup in minutes!
- SEO Optimized: Rich snippets for breadcrumbs and reviews are built-in. Further SEO enhancements available using WordPress SEO by Yoast.
- Fully Responsive: All elements are responsive.
- WooCommerce Fully Integrated: Create an Amazing Shop using the industry standard eCommerce platform for WordPress.
- bbPress Fully Integrated: Get a beautiful Forum running on your newspaper, blog or magazine site.
- Skins – Dark and Light: Two advanced skins are included by default. The extra light skin is perfect for fashion, beauty, and feminine sites while the dark skin looks stunning for style magazines, gaming news and so on.
- Page Builder: Use any of the 11 page-builder widgets and 6 block styles to create your homepage or any other page.
- Multiple Layouts: Posts, Pages, and Categories can be configured to use a full-width layout or have a right sidebar (Custom Sidebars are supported).
- Flexible Customization: A light color scheme included! Use the pre-made style or change colors / typography in options panel to create your own style. Custom CSS also supported for advanced users.
- Flexible Options: unlimited colors and typography customizations.
- Retina Ready (HD): All the theme graphics scale beautifully on hi-def screens.
- RTL (right-to-left) supported and auto-activated when WordPress is configured to use an RTL language. Translation ready and WPML supported.
- Responsive Google Adsense is supported using the default Google Adsense smart sizing code without any modifications.
- Unbranded Admin Panel that’s easy to use and have amazing number of options and settings.
- Utilizes the power of HTML5 & CSS3.
- Multiple Listing Layouts: (for categories or page-builder/homepage)
- Multiple Homepage Blocks: News Focus, Highlights, 3 Column Higlights Variation (shown on demo homepage). You can also use the category listing layouts and 11 other widgets to further spice up the homepage.
- Unique Mega Menus: There are two unique mega menus for different needs as can be seen on the demo homepage.
- Integrated Review System: (GUI criteria/review creator)
- 600+ Google Web Fonts are supported.
- Multiple Post Formats: Standard, Image, Gallery, Audio, Video.
- Cross-browser Compatible: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer 8+.
- Custom Widgets: (default widgets well-supported)
- Flickr Photos Widget
- Recent Tabs – An advanced widget that let’s you add “Popular Posts”, “Recent Posts”, “Top Reviews”, or latest posts from specific category in tabs.
- Recent Posts Widget
- Popular Posts Widget
- Latest Reviews Widget
- Advertisement Widget
- “About” Widget
- Many more widgets for advanced users using simple shortcodes.
- Advanced Category Features:
- Set a category color that will be used in menu and category labels.
- Set a background image to be used on a specific category (for boxed layout).
- Use any of the 3 Listing Styles. Modern, Blog, or Timeline.
- Enable a featured slider to be shown for a specific category.
- Enable the right sidebar or select full-width layout.
- Enable Infinite Scroll to replace the classic pagination.
- GUI Shortcode Generator – all the commonly used shortcodes available via a visual interface.
- Tons of Useful Shortcodes – tabs, accordions, typography, dropcaps, buttons, columns, lists, and many more layout related shortcodes.
- A modern block-based Featured Slider that can also be used for categories.
- Post Layouts:
- Multiple Page Templates included:
- Full-width Example
- Site Map Page
- 404 Error Page
- Single Author Page
- Contributors/Authors List Page
- Ads Support – easily add ads in header, in between blocks on homepage (using page-builder), side-bar, or footer.
- Built-in Trending News Ticker makes it a better news and wp magazine theme.
- Child Themes supported for more advanced customizations.
- And much more.
Need Assistance? Get In Touch!
If you ever get stuck with setting up SmartMag with your WordPress installation, you can get in touch with our friendly and dedicated support via our Support Forums.
Support is available between 12:00pm – 11:00pm GMT +0:00 / UTC.
- Demo Images (Not Included): (flickr CC-BY-2.0) Yasser Alghofily, Daniel Zedda, Jonathan Kos-Read, Alejandro Pinto, Jim H., Luis Hernandez, William Cho, Lucas Zallio, Mark Sebastian, Lies Thru a Lens.
- jQuery Tipsy
- jQuery Easing
- SiteOrigin Panels (forked)
Note: The images used in the demo are for demo purposes only. They are NOT included in the theme or the sample XML data.
New Features, Updates & Changelog
Read before updating: Update Instructions
Version 3.3.0 - April 2, 2020 -------- - Added: Feature to enter Schema info for Reviews. - Fixed: data-vocabulary.org breadcrumb deprecated by Google. - Fixed: Review schema for the latest Schema requirement. - Fixed: create_function and other error on PHP 7.2+ - Fixed: Removed Google+ share link. - Fixed: Twitter social share links. - Updated: WooCommerce template overrides. - Updated: RevSlider (now included in "All Files" zip file in "Extra Plugins") Version 3.2.0 -------- - Added: GDPR Privacy page support. - Added: Comment consent checkbox for WP v4.9.6+ - Added: Self-Hosted Google Fonts plugin support for GDPR. - Added: WooCommerce 3.4 compatibility. - Improved: IP no longer logged for Review Ratings due to GDPR. - Updated RevSlider to latest version. Version 3.1.1 -------- - Improved: Packaged plugins can be updated without TGMPA. - Improved: AMP menus focus effect. - Fixed: Automatic amp-ad conversion for Adsense. - Fixed: Long AMP menus background cut-off. - Fixed: Author page pagination. - Fixed: Header social icons missing in importer on v4.8+. - Fixed: WooCommerce latest deprecated functions. - Fixed: TGMPA update/install warning. - Updated Revolution Slider to latest. - Updated FontAwesome to latest version. Version 3.1.0 -------- - Added: Google AMP Posts support with custom styles. - Added: Ads support in AMP. - Added: AMP Navigation Menu for AMP posts. - Added: WooCommerce 3.0 support. - Added: WooCommerce Image Zoom Feature. - Added: New Lightbox for Product Images. - Updated Revolution Slider. Version 3.0.2 -------- - Fixed: Typography settings not applying for some installs. - Fixed: Nav full width not applying on some headers. - Fixed: Few colors on Dark Skin. Version 3.0.0 -------- - New Skin & Demo for Lifestyle magazines - Trendy. - New Demo: TheZine for sleek magazines. - Upto 200% Faster Retina Images. Great for Mobile and MacBook users. - Feature: New Header Styles: Trendy and Dark - Feature: New "Highlights B" block. - Feature: New Nav Styles: Dark Alt, Light Alt - Feature: New Featured Area Grid B. - Feature: 2 New Post Styles - Modern and Modern Simple. - Feature: Alternate heading styles for home blocks. - Feature: Filters for all home blocks (no more on just new focus). - Feature: More blocks added to sidebar widget Post Listing Blocks. - Feature: Social Widget with social counters. - Feature: Support for "WP Instagram Widget". - Feature: Bottom Pagination for Multipage Content. - Feature: Social Icons in footer about widget. - Feature: Easily update Bunyad Plugins - no more delete/reinstall. - Feature: Limit by tag for latest posts widget. - Feature: JSON+LD Article Schemas with option to disable. - Added: New Skins to Importer and "Settings Only" option. - Added: Option to disable on-scroll effects for images. - Added: Auto-add organization schema with social info from widget. - Added: Compatibility with WP User Avatar plugin. - Added: Skin post styling to post editor in backend. - Improved: On-scroll image effects trigger more smoothly. - Improved: RTL and responsive support in all skins. - Improved: Use primary category for breadcrumbs. - Improved: Article schemas with latest Google guidelines. - Improved: Smart Sticky Navigation is more snappy now. - Improved: Review schema updated to use JSON-LD. - Improved: Editor styling for advanced skins. - Improved: Pagination for custom query variables in CPTs. - Improved: Breadcrumbs for full-width header layouts. - Improved: "Responsive Images" for Retina - deprecated Retina.js. (old users switch) - Improved: Featured video custom code markup support. - Improved: Color picker in theme settings. - Improved: Latest Google Fonts available. - Improved: Added sub-menu arrows for dark nav. - Fixed: Menu Import on PHP 7. - Fixed: WPML using front-page on second language search. - Fixed: WooCommerce 2.6+ add to cart. - Fixed: Focus grid collapse on varied title lengths. - Fixed: Sticky sidebar ads. - Fixed: Ad widgets sometimes blocked by AdBlock. - Fixed: Custom CSS blocked by AdBlock in some cases. - Fixed: WPML search second language result listing. - Updated FontAwesome, Revolution Slider, JS libs, TGMPA. - Several backend UI improvements such as review box, options. - Code refactoring and 50+ minor styling improvements.
For full changelog: Complete Changelog