Although Woocommerce is a great eCommerce plugin, it’s not very SEO friendly and there are a number of things can can be improved to make it more optimised for the search engines. Thats where the Woocommerce SEO plugin comes in.
The Woocommerce SEO plugins makes a numbers of additions and improvements to Woocommerce to make getting that elusive number one position little easier.
- Remove the product category base
- Keyword rich URLs when using layered navigation filters
- Automatically generate page titles and meta description for categories based on current filters
- Custom page title and meta description for each category
- Custom page title and meta description for products
- Generate page title and meta description dynamically using custom templating engine
- No index/follow any category page
- No index/follow and product page
- Add filter keywords to breadcrumbs when using layered navigation
- New SEO friendly layered navigation widget
= 1.9.3 - Jun 20th, 2017 = * Fix - Fixed issue with the correct base link not being returned when filters were selected * UPDATE - Updated layered nav widget to be Woocommerce 3.0 compatible Previous versions: = 1.9.2 - Sept 25th, 2016 = * Fix - Fixed a bug thrown in the session handler when logging in = 1.9.1 - Sept 15th, 2016 = * Fix - Fixed a bug when the shop page was set as the front page = 1.9 - Sept 14th, 2016 = * Feature - Added page title and meta description template for the shop page * Tweak - Plugin rewritten in preparation of 2.0 = 1.2 - Oct 15th, 2015 = * Feature - Added a way to set the order of the attributes in the URL * Feature - Breadcrumbs with filters can now be output on the product page * Fix - Rewrote the way filter URLs work to prevent 404 errors. * Fix - Added way way to override Yoast SEO and All-in-One SEO plugins for category/product page titles and meta descriptions when being used in conjuction with Woocommerce SEO. = 1.1.5 - Feb 24th, 2015 = * Fix - Fixed a big that would not display any options when outputting the layered navigation widget using a drop down. = 1.1.4 - Feb 24th, 2015 = * Fix - Various issues to make plugin compatible with Woocommerce 2.3. = 1.1.3 - Feb 25th, 2014 = * Fix - Minor issues that occurred from the last update. = 1.1.2 - Feb 20th, 2014 = * Fix - Various fixes to make the plugin compatible with Woocommerce 2.1. = 1.1.1 - Jul 1st, 2013 = * Tweak - Minor changes in preparation for future updates. = 1.1 - Mar 26th, 2013 = * Fix - Minor fixes to make the plugin compatible with Woocommerce 2.1. * Fix - Fixed a bug that would caused filters to display the index page when no product category was selected. * Fix - Fixed a bug that would still output the meta description tag even though no meta description was set. = 1.0 - Jan 25th, 2013 = * Initial release[ad_2] Source